Ross High Times

• Logan Iams places third at 182lbs, leading to state qualification.

• Alex Coleman wins District Championship at 285 lbs!

• Come out to support the Prom Fashion Show Fri. March 8 at 7pm!

• Check out our Ross High Times New Year's Edition in print!

• Ross and Badin football teams raised over $3,000 for Children's Hospital Psychiatry Division.

Spring Into Break

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring Into Break

Junior Juliana Curtis enjoying the scenery while on a road trip to Tennessee in 2018.

Juliana Curtis

Juliana Curtis

Juliana Curtis

Ainsley Helling, Staff Writer

Escape the winter blues by looking ahead to Spring Break from March 25 to 29. If you’re eager for a break, but not sure how to spend it, look no further.

1. Connect with your creative side at the Cincinnati Art Museum located in Eden Park. The Cincinnati Art Museum offers free admission and parking all throughout the year, and is open Tuesday through Sunday, 11a.m. to 5p.m., and Thursdays, 11a.m. to 8p.m. according to cincinnatiartmuseum.org. Offered is over 67,000 pieces of work, through a mix of their own unique collections and national and international traveling exhibits.

2. Satisfy your love for both coffee and cats at the Kitty Brew Cafe. This cafe in Mason offers locally roasted Seven Hills Coffee and other non-coffee drinks such as smoothies, hot chocolate, and tea. Also offered is muffins, homemade soups, sandwiches, and other snacks. Along with fresh coffee and tasty treats, Kitty Brew Cafe works with four rescue shelters in the area to help rescue kittens and alleviate space. According to kittybrew.com, a ten dollar fee is required to enter the cat lounge with discounts offered for veterans and students.  

3. Put your problem solving skills to the test at Houdini’s Room Escape. This Cincinnati based escape room offers a variety of challenges with different difficulty levels. Participants are given one hour to solve puzzles and riddles, and find clues to escape the room. According to houdinisroomescape.com, each room can hold 2-16 people and costs $28 per person.

4. There’s no need to go too far to experience a diverse selection of foods and goods. Visit Findlay Market to reach the center of fresh food, flowers, and city shopping. Open Tuesday-Friday 9a.m. to 6p.m., Saturday 8a.m. to 6p.m., and Sunday 10a.m. to 4p.m., this market provides multiple opportunities to purchase unique goods and fresh-made meals. With more than 70 vendors, according to findlaymarket.org, there’s something for everyone at this location.

5. Looking for a more adventurous option? Venture near or far by taking a road trip. In a survey of 16 RHS students, 50% said they will be taking a road trip this spring break. Some are taking school-related trips, such as freshman Chloe Godbey who is traveling with the band to New York. Other students will take trips to visit friends and family members or vacation somewhere just for fun. Some popular road trip destinations are California, Florida, and Indiana according to the survey.

No matter how you spend your Spring Break, make it memorable by visiting new places or returning to your favorite spot. For more information about any of the named businesses, visit the links provided below.

Cincinnati Art Museum: https://www.cincinnatiartmuseum.org/

Kitty Brew Cafe: https://kittybrew.com/

Houdini’s Room Escape: https://www.houdinisroomescape.com/

Findlay Market:  http://www.findlaymarket.org/

About the Writer
Ainsley Helling, Staff Writer

Ainsley is a junior in her first year of journalism.  She is involved in VAB, NHS, and is a student council officer.  Outside of school, you can almost always find her at a nearby coffee shop with her friends. Ainsley is excited to be joining the journalism staff, and is hoping to learn and grow as a writer.