RHS Students Participate in Mock Interviews

12th grade English teachers helped their students make portfolios.

Mock Interviews: When seniors of RHS dress up and partake in an interview for a non existent job. Mock Interviews prepare students for real life skills that can be utilized in the future.

Senior Keith Colyer shared his best piece of advice for the interview.

“My best piece of advice would be to stay calm and not to think of it as an interview. Take it seriously, but not to the point where you come off as nervous,¨ said Colyer.

Senior Ethan Mills felt nervous before the interview and found himself relieved once the process was complete.

Mills said, ¨I felt a big weight come off my shoulders. It’s not as bad as you think. Just stay confident and have a normal conversation.¨

12th grade English teachers helped students with preparing for the interviews and student portfolios.

̈My teacher, Mrs. Smith, did a great job of helping me prepare. The portfolios we came up with were very professional. She did a great job and so did the rest of the English department,̈ said Mills.

Criteria seniors were graded on was attire, eye contact, handling nerves, resume/portfolio, professionalism, etc.

Colyer stated, “. . . I think the introduction is the most important and probably the hardest on grading because the way you start and introduce yourself sets the tone for the rest of the interview.¨

Whether you are participating in the mock interviews next semester, or next year or anywhere in between, there are tips to help you look better, feel better, and interview better.