Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Click, Click, Buy: Holiday Shopping Online

Ah, Black Friday. The deals, the shopping, the fights and the tips of your toes freezing off as you wait in a line for six hours just to get in the store. These cold Thanksgiving Thursdays and Black Fridays spent in stores are becoming a thing of the past. This past Black Friday, many people took to social media to point out that stores were practically empty when it came to customers and fully stocked with merchandise. What happened to the fights and the limited amount of merchandise?

Online shopping happened.

This year many stores opened their Black Friday sales online weeks in advance (and some in-store as well). These sales lasted so long to where there was no point in hurrying to get the deals due to them lasting longer. Even on the

namesake day, only a handful of people actually went out to shop in-store. Most of the Black Friday shoppers chose to stay bundled up and shop from the safety of their own homes this year.

This past Black Friday wasn’t the start of shopping online for the holidays. According to Statista.com, 57% of holiday shopping in the U.S. was done online for the 2022 holiday

season. This was a slight decrease from 2020’s 61%, but keep in mind that people were still encouraged to shop online even in the later months of that year due to the pandemic.

The trend of shopping online for Black Friday deals will most likely continue into the future, especially as online stores and providers such as Amazon and Temu continue their steep incline in popularity. Humans have always searched for the easiest solution and now we’re just creating our own. 

Black Friday is one of the easiest ways to do holiday shopping. One day when everything is on sale and you can get almost everyone’s gifts the same day (as long as you don’t mind waiting in line for hours at each store). But obviously this has become our next problem as an even easier shopping solution has emerged. With the click of one button you can do all your holiday shopping in one five-minute sitting. 

This year’s Click, Click, Buy is done and past. Now all you have to do is wait for other people’s packages to reach you in the form of Christmas gifts.