Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

The One and Only: Myah Boze

Myah Boze
Myah Boze

Sports are challenging and you tend to dedicate almost all of your time to the sports you play. RHS Senior athlete Myah Boze knows all about that. She spends every day practicing and going to games trying to achieve her dream of running in college.

Boze plays many sports. This includes soccer, basketball, and track. Boze is a state runner and elite athlete. She runs the 100m hurdles and has a record time of 14.52 sec, the 300m hurdles of 43.29 sec, and the 400m hurdles as 64.37 sec. Boze is one of the best girl runners in the state and scares off her opponents with her lightning speed. Some may say she is the girl Flash. 

Basketball is another sport that Boze always excels in. She runs up and down the court racing for balls and going up for rebounds while holding her ground. RHS girls basketball coach Buehner stated, “Myah has always been a max effort person, she loves and wants to play defense.” This explains how much Myah gives to the team every day.

Buehner was also asked how Boze makes a difference in how the team performs. He stated, “When Myah is diving on the ground and getting steals everyone else will put in the same effort.” She is a leader on the team and everyone strives to compete as she does.

Boze also plays soccer. She is a defender and hustles on the field ready to strike and steal the ball. She also has amazing speed, so she is always the first down the field and the first to reach any player with the ball. 

Not only is Boze an athlete but she is a student. She maintains A’s and B’s throughout the year. Boze has a few words to say about the sports she plays and how they help her. She stated, “High school sports has brought me many lifelong friends. It’s made my 4 years fly by. It also taught me life skills that have prepared me for my future.”

Friendships can challenge you in multiple ways. One way Boze was challenged was during her Junior year with RHS alumni Summer Kirby. Their friendship made it so that they could always have fun while pushing each other to success.

Buehner stated a few words about their friendship.“Without Summer this year, Myah knows all the plays.” He explains that when they would play around during the game they would never remember the plays, but now she knows them with Summer gone. Buehner was all smiles when he explained how they had a friendship like no other.

She is serious about sports but also has a very goofy side to her that comes out more often than not. When on the field, track, or court she may get serious when it’s time to compete, but when she has done her job she goes right back to the fun-loving Myah that she is. 

Boze will be continuing her academic and athletic career at Marshall University running track and field. She will continue to thrive and achieve her dreams throughout her college career. At her signing day Boze had much to say when handed the microphone. She thanked her coaches and family for supporting her and getting her to where she is now.