Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Review: “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” Movie

Taylor Swift performs her 1989 set at the Eras Tour.
Taylor Swift performs her “1989” set at the Eras Tour.

On March 13 2023 Singer and 12 time Grammy winner Taylor swift launched “The Eras Tour”, and it will continue all the way to December 8 2024. After her concert at the Sofi Stadium in California, she released the movie version of her tour titled “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” on October 13 2023. 

Swift filmed one of her shows so everybody was able to have the experience of the Eras Tour. Her last concert in Los Angeles, CA was filmed and turned into a film. This included every set of the tour from every era except for her album “Taylor Swift”. There are sets that were fan favorites, and other ones not as much. 

RHS freshman Ali Bosse stated,”My favorite set during the movie was “Folklore” and “1989” because first of all “Folklore” had the most songs on it so it was a longer experience. Also “1989” because it is one of her most upbeat albums and since “1989 (Taylors Version)” had been coming out, it made it more exciting listening to it.” 

Bosse stated,”My least favorite set had to have been “Speak Now”. Although I LOVE the album, the set was cut way too short with only enchanted being performed.” 

The Eras Tour film isn’t just something people calmly sit down and watch, it is actually a very memorable experience. RHS freshman Alexis Mienheartt stated,” It was good, people got around and danced, everyone sang.” 

Swift is very popular this year due to the Eras Tour. Many people were wanting to watch this movie. Because it was in such high demand, movie theaters were very packed and there were crowds of people trying to buy tickets at the theater. 

Bosse stated,”My experience at the movie theater was very overwhelming at first because there were so many people wanting to go and buying tickets, so it was difficult to find areas to regroup and find out plans.” 

Swift didn’t include all of her songs from the tour. She decided to keep all of her fan favorites. According to article author Anna Kaplan on Today.com, Swift decided to leave out “Long Live”, “the Archer”, “Cardigan”, “No Body No Crime”, “and” Wildest Dreams”. Even though it was devastating she couldn’t include every song from the tour, the movie still had amazing reviews. 

Bosse stated,”I rate the movie and experience a 10/10 because the movie was the whole Eras Tour for people who couldn’t get tickets or who couldn’t afford it.”

Mienheartt stated,”10/10 because everyone was happy in the movie theaters and the movie was overall amazing.” 

The movie is currently available in all movie theaters, as well as a new extended version of the movie including the rest of the songs will be available for streaming on December 13, 2023. If you were upset you didn’t get to go to the Eras Tour, this movie is another great option.