Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Effects of Anxiety

Effects of Anxiety

Anxiety is a big part of the lives of many people. This is usually a feeling of fear, uneasiness or dread that can most likely be caused by stress. According to Mayo Clinic, anxiety is most likely caused by childhood trauma, stress or the use of drugs and alcohol.

Many people around the world suffer from anxiety every single day. According to the World Health Organization, in 2019, about 4 percent of the globe suffers from an anxiety disorder.

Anxiety and depression percentages have increased over the years by a lot. Many people believe it is due to overuse of social media and cell phones. Others may believe that is because children don’t get taught how to manage their feelings properly at a young age.

There was a survey conducted at Ross High School asking students in every grade some questions about anxiety. The results showed that out of everyone who completed the survey, that 72.2% of people at RHS struggle with anxiety. 

Many students who filled out the survey explained that anxiety takes up a big part of their life and everyday tasks. 

Being aware of your anxiety and mental health is very important. Anxiety can also cause many people to not understand why they’re always worrying or thinking of the worst. BetterHealth.com said, “Some ways to manage anxiety disorders include learning about anxiety, mindfulness and building self-esteem.

All  people who experience and struggle with anxiety can probably agree that it is not fun and is very difficult to deal with. Getting mindful of your anxiety is also very difficult. Everyone has different coping mechanisms, and whatever works for you is great.