Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Michigan Wolverines vs Washington Game Analysis

Michigan holding their trophy up high.
USA Today
Michigan holding their trophy up high.

Every year 121 colleges try to go down in history for winning the National Championship, but only one finishes on top. On Jan 8, 2024, the Michigan Wolverines and the Washington Huskies went to see who would win the national title.

The first quarter started amazing for the Wolverines because of the ground game which seemed to be a recurring theme for this game. Wolverines running back, Donovan Edwards, rushed for 2 touchdowns with each touchdown carry being more than 40 yards. The Huskies on the other hand got off to a slow start by only scoring a field goal for the first quarter. Due to Edwards, the Wolverines came out to the second quarter with a 14-3 lead.

The second quarter was pretty quiet for both teams. The Wolverine’s first possession ended with a field goal which would be all the points for Michigan. On the other hand, Washington did manage to get a passing touchdown on their last full possession which was caught by Jalen McMilan. The second quarter ended with the Huskies only seven points behind and now they started to get momentum.

The second half started with the Huskies having the ball but the first play was an interception by Wolverines cornerback Will Johnson on the Washington 32-yard line. But, Michigan only got three points out of the pick. Thankfully, Washington answered right back with a field goal of their own which would be all the points for the third quarter.

The fourth quarter started slow and steady for the first 5 minutes, but then starting running back, Blake Corum, broke free from the Husky’s defense as well as got a rushing touchdown. Huskies then threw another pick with 5 minutes left. Michigan got another rushing touchdown out of it which would end the game and the season for the Huskies. The Championship resulted in 13 points for the Huskies and 34 points for Michigan.

After the game, Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh talked about their season and he stated,” There are more than 100 Michigan men who are on this team, What they’ve done is amazing. They will forever be known as national champions.” This was Michigan’s first National Championship since 1997.