Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Jayden Daniels Wins the Heisman Trophy

Jayden Daniels full of joy at a 2023 – 2024 season game.

Each year the NCAA Heisman award is given out to the player with the most outstanding stats, and overall skill. This achievement can be awarded to any player in college football. This past season the 2023 Heisman trophy was given to LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels.

Daniels began his college football career at Arizona State University from 2019 to 2021, and finished at Louisiana State University from 2022 to 2023. Even though his career in the NCAA is over, Daniels finished with amazing stats and led LSU to a great season.

Before Daniels was a quarterback at LSU, he was recruited by Arizona State University as a four star quarterback at Cajon high school in San Bernardino, California. Before he became the most recent Heisman winner he also had impressive stats at ASU.

On heisman.com, article author Paul Goldberg stated,”The 6-foot-4 Daniels, born in San Bernardino Calif., completed 236-of-327 passes for 3,812 yards and 40 touchdowns with just four interceptions while also rushing for 1,134 yards and another 10 scores.” 

Daniels has made the highest achievement in the NCAA as he was making history. On espn.com, article author Anthony Gharib stated,”He had 3,500 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards this season, becoming the first SEC player to do so since Johnny Manziel in 2012.” 

According to a College Football Awards chart on espn.com, Jayden Daniels has also won the Walter Camp award, the Davey O’Brien Award, and the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm award. 

On lsureveille.com, article author Morgan Cook stated,”Daniels completed 205 of 338 pass attempts for 2,943 passing yards and 17 touchdowns through the air. He ran for another 355 yards on the ground on 125 carries and three rushing touchdowns.” 

Overall, Daniels has made the most out of his career in the NCAA and will continue to improve as a football player. Now that Daniels graduated from college he will be going into the 2024 NFL draft. If you want to learn more about Daniels and watch his highlights you can go to ESPN, Youtube, Reddit and many other websites and articles.