Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

The Ross Show Choir Season Begins

Ross Legacy performs their ballad “Grow as We Go”.

Saturday January 20th marked the debut of this year’s Ross Legacy show choir show “Real Good Feelin’ ” and Next Generation’s “Summer Belongs to Us”. Under the direction of Miss Thompson with assistance from Miss Resseguie and Miss Allen, this year’s show is designed to boost morale and allow the audience to have a good time along with the members on stage.

The debut show here at Ross is called Mics N Lights and features Ross High School’s Legacy and Ross Middle School’s Next Generation along with soloists from within both groups. Mics N Lights is also Senior Spotlight Night. Seniors Kenzie Cunningham and Ariam Sauerland were honored alongside their families on stage and their senior banners were hung on each side of the stage. 

Legacy’s own Ariam Sauerland and Miles Paff accept awards alongside their fellow small mix competitors.

The show choirs also started their competition season in Winfield, West Virginia in Winfield’s competition entitled “Emerald Classic” on January 27th. Next Generation was the first runner up in the middle school division and Legacy was placed fourth amongst eight other amazing high school show choirs in their division. 

When asked about the season so far, sixth grader singer-dancer Ruth “Ruthie” Beiting in her first year of show choir stated, “(Through this year) I’ve learned that we can all come together and be a family while doing really good on stage. I’ve met so many new people and I just- I love it!”

Sophomore Joslyn “Jojo” Rider, who is currently in her third year of show choir, was also asked about the season so far. Jojo stated that she felt, “(the show’s) gotten a lot better from Mics N Lights to West Virginia… I think we’re getting pretty close to where we need to be.”

Jojo also had a message for those who may be interested in joining these award-winning groups, “(Through) show choir I’ve met a lot of my friends and (those friends) have become like family and I honestly don’t know where I’d be without it.”

The Ross Show Choirs have their whole season ahead of them and we can hardly wait to see where the rest of the year will take them. If you’re interested in seeing the shows, ask a member, Miss Thompson or check out showchoir.com and see where Ross is competing next!