Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Palworlds Revolution

From Pocket Pair Inc

Palworld is a new game that was released January 19th of this year and is still in early access. Palworld is a survival game on the fictional island Palpagos. The main goal is to explore, build a base, and uncover the secrets of the island.

The game has Pals  which are the names of the wild life on the island. Each Pal has their own unique style of gameplay.

To start the journey you get to make your character and spawn in on the starting part of the island. When the player spawns they will be surrounded by the three started pals before fleeing. The starters are Lamball, Cattiva, and Chikipi. As the player progresses they will find themselves farther on the main island fighting and catching tougher pals. 

There are multiple different parts of the island, a hot lava based area, a snowy area, the center of the island is a grassland. There are a few smaller island around the main bigger island. During the travels the player can stumble upon pillars that contain a boss, but theres only one boss per area. As of now there is a glitch where the player can catch the boss and use them in their team.

A few days after release people started calling the game “Pokemon with guns”. This nickname caught Game Freaks eyes.Game Freak, the developers that created Pokemon and that genre of gaming is currently looking for a way to sue Palworld. 

The statement that Game Freak has made can show this. The quote from the CEO of Game Freak announced ,”We have received many inquiries regarding another company’s game released in January 2024. We have not granted any permission for the use of Pokémon intellectual property or assets in that game. We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon…” This quote shows that Gamer Freak is investigating Palworld and looking for any copyright. 

Palworld seems to be ruining the monopoly Pokemon has over this gaming genre and Pokemon is trying to find a way to stop this new competitor.