Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Book vs. Show- “My Life With The Walter Boys”

Book vs. Show- My Life With The Walter Boys

“My Life With the Walter Boys” is a Romance Drama series that launched on December 7 2023. The storyline is about a girl named Jackie Howard who loses her family and moves in with her new Guardians. Leaving her hometown New York to move to Silver Falls, Colorado was a hard thing for her to adjust to. She was also introduced to 10 new siblings in her life.                                                                     

Many girls at their school gossip about who have done what, and are always fantasizing about the football boys. When Jackie enters the school, students are already start whispering about her trying to figure out what she’s doing there.

On Forbes.com, article author Monica Mercuri stated,“The coming of age series is based on the book of the same name  written by Ali Novak – initially published by the author on Wattpad when she was just 15 years old.”

The book and the TV show are very similar, but also have a few differences. On hercampus.com, article author Eileen Flaherty stated,“With so many book-to-screen adaptions, there are some noticeable differences between “My Life With The Walter Boys” book and series. The main characters’ story, love triangle, and big plot points remained the same, but there are other changes unique to the series.”

Tara who is the high school guidance counselor, was in the show but not the book. Her real name is Ashley Tavares. 

Tavares’s mother was a production coordinator who ran the production office. In a Youtube video,Tavares stated,“I grew up on film sets I grew up on the entertainment industry and everytime I went to a set I loved the energy.”

In the book, it gives more Cole and Jackie content. On hercampus.com it talks about how Jackie and Cole are dared to kiss and before they do, Jackie throws up on him. While in the book they actually end up kissing. 

In the book there is 1 more sibling in the Walter family. There is 11 Walter’s instead of 10. Even though it is just a slight change to the show from the book, it also helps that there is one less sibling. It’s difficult to keep up with what’s going on and who is who when there are so many names to learn.

You can watch this show on Netflix.com. There also other shows that are similar to this one including,“One of Us Is Lying”,“Surviving Summer”,“Trinkets”,“Insatiable”,“The Summer I Turned Pretty”, etc.