Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

2024 Unique Trending Valentine’s Day Gifts

2024 Unique Trending Valentines Day Gifts

Consumers in the U.S. plan to spend a new high of $14.2 billion this year for their significant others or loved ones. That’s around $100 a person, but does it take that much money to make one happy? 

1. Cards – Cards are the most common and popular Valentine’s Day gift. 60% of Americans plan to buy cards for their loved ones. They are the top selling item for Valentine’s Day especially because you can personalize them how you want. You can even create homemade cards to make them even more special and thoughtful. 

1. Flowers- Flowers are another widespread and popular Valentine’s Day gift. There are a variety of different types of flowers you can get, but people usually get roses for the Valentine’s Day theme. Current Junior Jesse Thoman stated about flowers, ¨They make me feel special and cared about even though there just something simple.¨ Flowers have increased in price over the years because of the labor put into them, but it is still a very simple, easy gift that means a lot. 

1. Candy- The most popular candy this year was surprisingly Hershey’s Kisses. The second most popular candy ended up being Valentine-themed M&M’s. Overall about $4 billion in Valentine’s Day candy was sold this year. 

1. Jewelry- Jewelry is more of a special, expensive gift rather than simple. The most popular piece of jewelry this year was a gold chain-linked necklace. A lot of people also get necklaces with their initials on them to give to their significant other. Rings were the runners-up in this category.