Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Ross vs. Harrison True Strength Night

On February 6th, 2024 the first annual True Strength Night was held at the Ross High School varsity basketball game versus the Harrison Wildcats. There are plenty of things that have to come into play when setting up and organizing a new traditional event, but it turned out to be amazing in the end.

RHS Staff Member Mrs Rudolph stated,”Oh my gosh um, my favorite part was seeing the community come together and support the athletes. From parents, to students buying t-shirts to win a ps5, to the RHS herd, to the basketball team, I would say just in general the entire community.” 

This event was a great way to show the love and support for these students from the Ross community as a whole. Rudolph stated,”The event was set up as a way to honor everyone’s abilities.” 

Even though somebody else might look or act differently than most, they should still have the ability to be loved and honored just like everyone else. 

Rudolph was asked if she would volunteer to run this event next year, she stated,”100 percent yes because it was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had.”

True Strength night included so many activities such as a split the pot raffle, the athletes getting to participate in a basketball contest at half time, the band played many great songs throughout the game, and the true strength athletes from both schools getting to participate in the introduction of the Varsity basketball teams. 

Rudolph stated,”There was a committee of 10 students who took care of everything and rocked it.”

Besides Rudolph helping out with the event, there was also a group of 10 students who are a part of HOSA, who volunteered to run and help with everything.

Rudolph stated,” We had lots of meetings during rambell and after school, and we met with headlines to do this event which made it bigger. They donated t-shirts as well as the ps5.” 

Items were sold such as the raffle tickets as well as the t-shirts helped donate for this event. 

Overall, everything resulted in working out perfectly. This was such a fun and unique event Ross has done before to embrace the different and unique abilities of RHS students, as well as the Harrison students. RHS from now on is going to make this an annual event and can’t wait for next year.