Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Women’s March Madness: Who Will Win It All?

Two of the greatest players in Women’s college basketball going up against each other.

On Sunday March 17, 2024 the Women’s March Madness bracket was chosen. Teams found out who they were going to face and what seed they obtained. There are only 64 teams in the tournament with four, one seeds. Those teams are South Carolina. Iowa, University of South Carolina, and Texas.

All of these women have gone through training and played every game like it was their last to ensure they get a spot in the tournament. The teams in this tournament not only play every game aggressively but with passion and they have fun with their teammates. 

When asked if she agrees with if Iowa, South Carolina, USC, and Texas should be the number one seeds, Kelis Egodotaye, Sophomore at Ross High School stated, “I do agree, I think that they are clearly the best teams and they have the best winning records.” Egodotaye agrees with many people that these teams deserve their seed and to be where they are.

Many rematches are going to be taking place this year in the tournament and ESPN has taken notice of that. Louisiana State University and Iowa will possibly play in a rematch game to determine the best. Just after the brackets were chosen, Michael Voepel with ESPN, wrote an article about the winners, losers, and the next steps. He stated, “There won’t be a rematch of the national championship game in women’s college basketball in 2024, but LSU vs. Iowa could be a blockbuster of an Elite Eight matchup. If both even get that far, that is.”

All the teams in the tournament will have to battle it out in order to achieve their goal, which is to win the championship game. America and Ross High School are excited to see how the tournament turns out and who will win it all.