Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Taylor Swift vs. Drake

Taylor Swift vs. Drake

Drake and Taylor Swift are currently two of the most popular artists in the world. Many people obsess over these two celebrities, simply because of how gifted they are at singing and songwriting, so many people idolize them. They are people for others to look up to. The question is, who is the better music artist?   

According to Billboard, Swift is currently the number 1  most popular artist in the world while Drake is at number 2. Swift has 11 number 1 hits and Drake is ahead with 13. Drake also has 76 top hits, compared to Taylor Swift with 49  overall.

RHS Sophomore Olivia Powers stated,“Taylor Swift is the better artist because she sings about multiple topics and reaches a wide range of people.” As you can see Swift is the current number one artist in the world  because of her variety of music.

Forbes stated,“With Her Loss’s top ranking on the albums chart, Drake surpasses Swift as the artist with the third-most No. 1 albums.” Drake’s new album “For All The Dogs” got 58,234,422 streams on Spotify the first day it was released, while Taylor Swift’s “1989” track “Is It Over Now?” had debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Hot.

When Powers was asked if she thinks she likes Taylor better than Drake because she listens to pop music more than rap, she stated,“Yes, because I listen to Taylor Swift everyday and Drake maybe once a week.” Based on what you listen to on the daily is probably what artist you will like more.

Many people love to listen to both of these artists because they sing two of the most record breaking  genres and are both very talented at it. Both of these artists have tours and concerts that people go to. As a result of this they are very close in numbers of how popular they are.

Overall Swift and Drake are two really great artists although they are different in many ways. Both of them share many great qualities in their ability of songwriting, music taste and song lyrics. 

Despite the competition forced upon them by the music industry, Drake and Taylor Swift are good friends and compliment each other on their work and support each other online regularly. You are able to listen to their songs on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube Music, SoundCloud, etc.