Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Be loud. Be proud. Be herd.

Ross High Times

Bengals QB Joe Burrow out for the rest of the 23-24 season

Joe Burrow the Bengals QB tore a ligament in his wrist in the game against the Baltimore Ravens causing him to have surgery. 

It was barely 12 hours after the game when the Bengals announced that Burrow’s injury was season-ending.

According to those who watched the footage, Burrow threw the ball normally during practice, without a brace, and took all of his normal reps. We soon learned this injury just occurred right before halftime when he was tackled by Jadeveon Clowney, the Baltimore Ravens pass rusher. 

Jake Browning #6 of the Cincinnati Bengals throws a pass against the Baltimore Ravens during the third quarter of the game at M&T Bank Stadium

Taking his place for now is Jake Browning. The Bengals felt as if he earned this opportunity by the way he approached his role on the practice team in 2021 and 2022. He played college football for the Washington Huskies and was drafted last year by the Cincinnati Bengals. Bengals coaches plan to use the same offense with the same play-calling menu as they would with Burrow under center. Browning’s first appearance was against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Burrow had wrist surgery on Monday, November 20th. He is said to have a full recovery by the 2024 season. When asked about the injury, Burrow states that he is, “Just going to treat it like anything else.

Joe Burrow Picture cred: Matthew Aquino and Anthony Wood

You analyze the situation. You go through the process of what it’s going to take to get back and you go and do it. That’s all you can do.” Burrow had wrist surgery that Monday. He is said to have a full recovery by the 2024 season.

Following Monday’s surgery, Burrow will be around the team as much as possible, watching Browning lead his team into the playoffs.